Unicare, Caring for LIFE!
Unicare Home Health specializes in quality Home Health services which include skilled nursing services at home along with therapy, medical social work, and nutritional guidance.
With our team of qualified professionals, you know you made the right choice in choosing to get healthcare at home.
Depending upon the individual circumstances of our patients and families, Unicare Home Health may provide any combination of the following care services for the best patient-centered care.
Would you like to receive care in the comfort of your home? We are here for you!
We are Ready to Care for You!
If you would like more information or have questions about what home health care provides, please call us. Our team is just an email or phone call away.
As a provider of home health care, Unicare is licensed by the State of Arizona Department of Public Health and Medicare.
To best facilitate the delivery of care, whenever possible, we cater to our multi-lingual and multi-nationality patients, who appreciate having clinicians and administrative staff available who can speak their language.
By effectively delivering care services to patients, we can help them improve their health and minimize unnecessary re-hospitalization.
Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF).
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
Regain your independence
Become as self-sufficient as possible
Maintain your current condition or level of function
If you get your Medicare benefits through a Medicare health plan, check with your plan to find out how it gives your Medicare-covered home health benefits.
If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy or other health insurance coverage, tell your doctor or other health care provider so your bills get paid correctly.
If your doctor or referring health care provider decides you need home health care, they should give you a list of agencies that serve your area. They must tell you whether their organization has a financial interest in any agency listed.
- Doctor’s orders are needed to start care. Once your doctor refers you for home health services, the home health agency will schedule an appointment and come to your home to talk to you about your needs and ask you some questions about your health.
- The home health agency staff will also talk to your doctor about your care and keep your doctor updated about your progress.
- It’s important that home health staff see you as often as the doctor ordered.
- Check what you’re eating and drinking.
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing.
- Check that you’re taking your prescription and other drugs and any treatments correctly.
- Ask if you’re having pain.
- Check your safety in the home.
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself.
- Coordinate your care. This means they must communicate regularly with you, your doctor, and anyone else who gives you care.
If you know of someone who may need our quality and compassionate Home Health care, please contact us. We will work directly with the patient, doctor (for the care order) and/or family that you’ve referred to us. Thank you for thinking of us.